Quick Heal Total Security 2012 13.00 Free Download
Shareware: You can try this program, but this version has some limited features or time usage restrictions. You should purchase it in order to remove those limits.
QuickHeal is the most used antivirus in India, and has come a long way to achieve a good ranking place among other antiviruses. The first version was released in 1994 for DOS (17 years ago, it’s like ages in Internet time), but the maturity of the product started in 2002 with its first VB 100% award from VirusBulletin.
The QuickHeal Total Security is not simply an antivirus, but an entire security package gathering over 20 different security tools, such as:
- Antivirus. Offers protection against viruses of any kind.
- Antispyware and antimalware. Offers protection against spyware, adware, rogueware, dialers, riskware and any other malicious wares.
- Anti-Rootkit. Offers protection against rootkit activity.
- USB Drive Protection. When you plug in your USB drive the autorun feature will be disabled to prevent running automatically viruses located on the external drive.
- Self Protection. The QuickHeal files are protected to prevent virus takeovers.
- Entertainment Mode. Switch to this if you play games to avoid having to click through notification windows..
- Anti-Phishing. Offers protection against phishing by scanning the websites visited against a database of phishers.
- AntiSpam. Blocks spam by integrating with your email client.
- Firewall. QuickHeal Total Security bought the firewall engine from Outpost, so you can stay safe from hackers.
- Parental Control. Offers parental control features to avoid having your children visit any websites that they shouldn’t visit.
- PC2Mobile. This tool lets you scan your mobile phone (most popular models supported) directly from your PC.
- Data Theft Protection. Protects you from having your data stolen by blocking access to any USB connected device or CD/DVD drive.
- Secure Delete, Defragmenter. You can delete files/folder securely (making the data unrecoverable) and also defragment your hard drive.
- Registry and Disk Cleanup. Registry cleaners are a popular category, and QuickHeal Total Security includes one too.
- Duplicate file finder. You also have a tool with the help of which you can remove duplicate files.
After using QuickHeal for a while I can now understand why it is the most used antivirus program in India. And the fact that the Total Security pack includes that many additional tools is really a plus so if you are looking for protection suite you have to take this into consideration too (if you take into consideration only the antivirus part, QuickHeal’s detection rate is well above other known antiviruses, such as Kaspersky or AVG, according to VBA tests).
QuickHeal Total Security video guide:
Lighter | Faster |Smarter
Quick Heal Total Security protects your laptops and desktops and provides protection against all kinds of Internet or network-based threats. Upon installation, it acts as a shield against viruses, worms, trojans, spywares and other malicious threats. It also provides security against new and unknown threats with Quick Heal's renowned DNAScan® Technology. Its improved Anti-Phishing feature ensures that you do not land on phishing sites when browsing the net. The Parental Control feature allows you to schedule Internet access for your children and its pre-configured restricted browsing ensures that children do not visit adult sites. The PCTuner tool improves the overall efficiency of your system and the PC2Mobile Scan feature scans, detects and removes malwares from your mobile phones. It utilizes minimum system resources, thereby giving complete protection to your system without slowing it down.
USB Drive Protection
Data Theft Protection
Duplicate File Finder
Check Mark and VB100% has certified Quick Heal AntiVirus and AntiSpyware engine.
100% protection from all the viruses in-The-Wild
Daily automatic updates